Steve Dunn, Director
- Steve is an Engineer, having studied at Harper Adams University (where he met Ben)
- He worked with a range of agricultural machinery before joining Hortec in 2018
- He excels at visualising and planning installations, understanding the technical nature of the machines he is selling, and how they can benefit customers in practice
- When Steve isn’t working he can be found watching Rugby, gardening or finding any excuse to go farming.
Ben Murphy, Director
- Ben is an Engineer, having studied at Harper Adams University (where he met Steve)
- Working in a range of agricultural settings he primarily worked in grain stores and ran his own engineering business.
- Very much a hands-on Engineer Ben is skilled at managing installations and problem-solving to find solutions for those awkward breakdowns
- At the weekends Ben will be found with his Land Rovers, usually stuck in a hole trying to winch himself out.
Dan Downie, Engineer
- Dan is the most experienced of our engineers joining Hortec in 2017
- His background as a field service engineer means he is adept at all elements of mechanical and electrical engineering
- His knowledge of our Javo machinery is second to none
- Downtime for Dan is busy. DIY, Ford Capris, Walking, Trucks, Star Wars and Gaming all getting a look in!
Cat Dunn, Kate Hewitt and Ruth Bates – The Office
- Running the office and providing support (and tea) to the engineers to keep them on the go!
OUR CLIENTS SAY
“I just wanted to say that the lads yesterday really did a great job at solving our pot dispenser problem.
It is working great. Pass my thanks to the Team”
Container Manager, David Austin Roses
“Thank you for sending your engineer to service our machine. Liam was very helpful and spoke highly of the team at Hortec”
“I worked with Dan this week. He’s a credit to your company, thorough and willing to answer every question I asked”
Customer Maintenance Engineer
“I would like to thank you and your company for the wonderful prompt efficient service. It is a joy to get my machine up and running so quickly”
“I have dealt with Hortec for many years, and the customer support has been brilliant, every time I have needed help, you guys have always responded in a timely manner. Without the machine, and the materials handling kit, we could not run the nursery with the labour we have available.”
Contact us today and find out how we can help you grow